Honorable Shelia Copps, OC, PC
- Former Deputy Prime Minister of Canada, Minister of Environment, Minister of Heritage and a senior member of the federal cabinet for 10 years
- From her work on diversity and inclusion, to protection of the environment, to support for young Canadians and women, Sheila has had a storied career that has left an indelible mark on Canadian public policy.
- Sheila brought forward what was the strongest federal environmental assessment legislation in the world; established Young Canada Works to provide annual summer employment for youth; brought in copyright protection for Canadian recording artists; and led ministers of culture from over 50 nations in the development of the first ever International Network on Cultural Diversity.
- Earned a Bachelor of Arts (Honors) in French and English from the University of Western Ontario in London and pursued further studies at McMaster University in Hamilton and the University of Rouen in France. In 1998, received an Honorary Doctorate in Law from Université Sainte-Anne in Nova Scotia in recognition of her efforts to promote bilingualism and her commitment to advancing the French language and culture in Canada.
- In recent years, she has been working both in French and English as a journalist, broadcaster, and political commentator. She is the author of two books, Nobody’s Baby and Worth Fighting For.
Timothy Chang, BA
- Currently a Private Investor and an investment committee member of an Asian-based hedge fund with average total AUM of approximately US$1 billion. He has also been a consultant to Newport Healthcare Advisors and to SSG Capital Management. Mr. Chang is a renowned private equity investor who has a track record of successful special situations and venture capital business investments throughout the Asian region.
- Prior to becoming a Private Investor, he was a Managing Director of Citigroup Venture Capital International Asia Ltd., (CVCI) Hong Kong, 2005 – 2008, where he worked on and invested in private equity deals throughout Asia with a focus on Greater China. Prior to CVCI, from 2003 – 2005, Mr. Chang was Managing Director and Head of Greater China for Cerberus, a distressed assets private equity fund based in New York. Mr. Chang was also an Executive Director, Direct Investments and the Head of the Special Situations Group at AIG Investment Corp. Ltd., Hong Kong.
- Graduated Harvard University, Cambridge, MA, Summa Cum Laude with a B.A. in Applied Mathematics and Economics. He completed his senior honors thesis (with Professor Jeffrey Sachs as his thesis advisor) researching and modeling the Predictability of Realignments in the European Monetary System.
David H. Tsubouchi, B.A., J.D., LL.D., D.S.Litt., C.Dir.
- David Tsubouchi is the first Japanese Canadian to be elected to any provincial legislature in Canada and to be appointed as a Cabinet Minister. He has served as the Minister of Consumer and Commercial Relations, Solicitor General, Chair of Management Board and Minister of Culture.
- Mr. Tsubouchi sits on the boards of OMERS Pension Fund, Lakefront Utilities and the Ontario Arts Council. He has previously served as the Honourary Consul General of Mongolia. As the former Registrar and CEO of the Ontario College of Trades he oversaw the regulation of the skilled trades in Ontario.
- He has also served as the Integrity Commissioner for the Town of Richmond Hill.
- His book, Gambatte was nominated for the Speaker’s Book Award and the Heritage Toronto Book Award.