Norman C.W. WongB.Sc., M.Sc., M.D.
- Professor, Departments of Medicine and Biochemistry & Molecular Biology
- Director, Libin Gene Therapy Unit Member
- Kumar’s expertise is in chromosome biology, functional genomics, and bioinformatics. He currently oversees the development of the MRS and PATRN platforms.
- Prior to cBio, Kumar held business development and program management roles at Ibis Biosciences and Abbott, where his work led directly to the spin-off of cBio. Kumar has been a director of program management efforts at the California Institute of Regenerative Medicine and at the Myelin Repair Foundation, where he continues to volunteer.
- Kumar earned his PhD from UC San Diego.